How long does my hair need to be?
At least 1/4″. To expand on that, at least 1/4″ or 3 weeks since the last time you’ve shaved. We can wax if it hasn’t been 3 weeks BUT that is when the client (you) has to be scrupulous with exfoliating with products. If you haven’t, in grown hairs will most likely occur after your waxing. And we want this to be the best experience for you and for you to be happy.
Can I be waxed if it’s “that time of the month?”
We’re happy to do waxing if you would like it at this time. We are not embarrassed by this at all. Please keep in mind it might be more sensitive for you during this time. We suggest that you get plenty of sleep the night before and be sure to eat in the morning. By taking ibuprofen it will help ease the pain and decrease redness.
Can I catch an STD from waxing?
How much is Brazilian maintenance?
The cost for maintenance if you were originally waxed by us is $55 if less than 5-6 weeks, or $70 for over 5-6 weeks.
How should I prepare for a bikini wax?
- Be clean. Come freshly showered.
- Be dry. Cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip the location, you’ll get better results if your skin is less oily.
- Be hairy. Your hair should be at least 0.25 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). Please don’t shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure tha your hair is long enough! Also, if you’ve “let it go” down there and it seems out of control, don’t worry! Our specialists will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
- Be comfortable. If possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
- Be relaxed. Reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal results will be!
What should I expect during my bikini or male Brazilian wax?
- Remove clothing. You will be asked to remove your underwear in a private treatment room. By removing your underwear you protect your clothing as provide optimal working conditions so that the technician can get all of the unwanted hair!
- Prep the area. Your technician will cleanse the area to eliminate potentially dangerous bacteria that may exist on your skin.
- Consultation. Your technician will examine the hair length and trim accordingly for safety purposes as well as your preference. She will also ask you about what areas you would like to leave hair and how much of it you would like to leave.
- The fun part, getting rid of the hair. Your technician will perform the actual waxing.
- Post care. Use cold compress and our after care products. Such as No Bumps, InGrown Zone cream.
- Fine Tuning. Your technician will present a mirror for you to view the result and the approval of your new “do” as well as check for any stray hairs.
- You’re Done. You are finished and ready to go about the rest of the day! And remember, if this is a new thing for you, treat your “Brazilianized” bikini like you would any other haircut; try it out for a few days and then decide!
Reasons why men get a bikini wax
- Men who shave are now opting to avoid the itchy “five o’ clock shadow” and go for a longer-lasting, smoother solution.
- Swimmers and body-builders tend to get all of their body hair removed, especially before a competition.
- Personal preference, some guys hate body hair as much as some women!